Date: Monday, May 17 - Tuesday, May 18
Location: Køreteknisk Anlæg - Støvring, Hæsumvej 57, 9530 Støvring
Age group m/f
Max. 50 participants
Equipment and requirements
- The driver must be 18 years and have a driver's license that allows driving with an 18-ton firetruck in the driver's home country.
- A copy of the driver's license must be submitted on the competition day
- Each participant must within a time limit of 5 minutes try to make the best possible time through the course.
- An 18-ton firetruck will be used for the competition. The firetruck will have automatic transmission and will be equipped according to current Danish law - this means, among other things, that the steering wheel is in the left side of the car.
- The timing will start and stop when the start/finish line is passed. The total time will be calculated as driving time + penalty time for affected cones etc.
- Only laps that are fully completed will count in the total time.
- The participant can drive as many laps as possible within the time limit of 5 minutes.
- The best overall time for the participant counts in the competition to win Firetruck Challenge.
- The following will be a part of the competition:
- S-curve with narrow conditions
- Parallel parking
- Slalom through cones
- 3-point turn
- Tray in "garage"
- The different parts of the competition must be solved in specific order. The specific order will be announced on the day for the competition.
- A penalty time of 20 seconds is added each time the participant makes a mistake.
- The sokution of each part of the competition and things that will be categorized as mistakes will be instructed when reviewing the course on the competition day.